Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Maybelline Age Rewind: The Lifter Foundation

This foundation contains the primer inside. The actual foundation claims to be lifting, which according to the Maybelline website it firms and covers instantly. This foundation comes in twelve shades, most of the shades lean more pink base, and this is very common with drugstore foundations in general.This foundation does not claim to be long lasting or have oil control,nor be hydrating to the skin.It does not have many claims other than the lifting power.




As for a lifting foundation this is the first I have tried and do not see a difference in long term use or every day wear. I like the wear and finish of this foundation.It does not feel heavy on my skin and does not need to be set with a powder. I did find that I needed a little blotting on my T-zone after about 5-6 hour of wear. 
I has light to medium coverage, and it can be layer but not too much because it can look caked on.  
The foundation has a light weight feel on the skin and it is pretty natural on the skin.When I first got this foundation I thought that it might have a more hydrating feel because it is meant for mature skin but I did not find it to be too moisturizing. The foundation has a semi-matte finish so it does not need to be set with powder specially if you have dry skin like I do,it has a lasting power of about six to eight hours but this might be lessen with oily skin.This foundation is a great every day foundation if you are looking for a medium coverage in you every day routine. You will need concealer if you have any major skin problems like acne and really dark spots. 



The Primer aspect of the foundation has a silicone like feel, but once it blends with the foundation both apply  very smooth.One of the best ways to apply this foundation is with your fingers so that you can blend it very well into your skin, keep in mind that it can grab onto dry patches of skin so make sure that the skin is moisturized prior to application. If you do not like using your finger a recommend a flat top brush like the Elf Studio Powder Brush or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.


As you can see I have some spots from blemishes and some redness on my the center of my face; 

BEFORE 
The foundation was able to cover most of the redness and even out my skin tone, it was also able to cover most of the dark spot on my face with one layer of foundation and no concealer.

AFTER 
Over all I like this foundation because it feels very light on the skin and looks natural, I wished it was more moisturizing but other than that it has great lasting power and it is great for every day use. 

Scent:None 
Size: 1.0 fl. oz.
Longevity:Long Wearing 6-8 hrs.
Texture:Smooth 
Finish:Semi-Matte 
Price: $11.99 @ CVS
Availability: Drugstores

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment