Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream

By now we have all heard about the latest craze in make-up BB Creams. Revlon finally released their version and here is what I think about it. 


Claims made by Revlon:
- HYDRATES like moisturizer
- SMOOTHS like primer
- COVERS like foundation
- BLURS FLAWS like concealer
- PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen

Now right away I can tell you that it has a good SPF. My closest match is the shade Light Medium, but as with most drugstore products it leans slightly pink but it is not too noticeable. 


As previously stated I have dry skin and products tend to look dry and patchy on my skin so when i heard this was supposed to be hydrating I was pleased. Like most BB creams in the US this claim to have many different benefits and I must say that I was pleased with the results. It cover my imperfections with out looking fake or heavy on my skin. I don't always wear foundation because I feel like their too heavy on my skin and I like to look natural. This product and other like it are the perfect in between because they cover well but allow my skin to peek through for a more natural look.  

This product has a thicker consistency than most other US BB Creams, so it is best to apply it with your fingers.

Here are my results:
BEFORE 

AFTER
I did not set this foundation with powder and it lasted very well but my T-zone was a bit shiny after a few hours, I would recommend just setting that area with power and your under eyes if you used concealer there. This product it not a good product to use in multiple layers because it can start to look uneven and create a caked on look. 

If you have dry skin this is a great product because it does not dry your skin or look patchy.If you have oily skin I would stay away because after a few hours you will look like an oil spill even if you set it with powder.Over all I really enjoy this product, I use it quite frequently, and would recommend it for people with dry skin  that like light weight products with a light to medium coverage. 

So does it live up to its claims:
- HYDRATES like moisturizer- YES 
- SMOOTHS like primer- It smooths your skin but I would recommend using a primer.
- COVERS like foundation- Like a light to medium coverage foundation.
- BLURS FLAWS like concealer- If you have dark marks you will need concealer. 
- PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen-YES 


Scent:None 
Size: 1.0 fl. oz.
Longevity: 5-7 hrs.
Texture:Smooth and Thick 
Finish:Dewy  
Price: $10.99 @ CVS
Availability: Drugstores

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment