Thursday, December 20, 2012

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme VS. E.l.f Studio Lip Stain

When I fist heard of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams I could not wait to try them,but time passed and I forgot about them until last week when I stopped by Ulta and NYX was BOGO 50% off so I decided to pick up two.By the time I was back in my car my lipstick had worn off so I decided to pop on one of the Lip Creams to try it out and as I applied it I could not help but to be reminded of the E.l.f Studio Lip Stain the texture of the the color side is identical on the lips.The questions now are whether they are comparable and ultimately which one is better.
Left to Right: San Paulo and Antwerp

Standard Doe-foot Applicator 


Left to Right: Antwerp and San Paulo 

San Paulo 

Antwerp

Left to Right: Birthday Suit,Lucky Lady,Fashionista

Standard Doe-foot Applicator 

Left to Right: Lucky Lady,Fashionista,Birthday Suit

Birthday Suit

Fashionista

Lucky Lady

Dupes Left to Right: Antwerp (NYX) Fashionista (E.L.F)

These are very comparable.The NYX one however are semi-matte they don't look has matte has the E.L.F.I personally like both I don't care more for one or the other. The E.L.F are thinner in consistency and need more layers.The NYX apply smoother and are more pigmented but wear out faster.They both contain about the same amount of color in the tube but the E.L.F comes with an additional clear gloss if you want to add more shine, but you can wear the color side alone.  
When applying the E.L.F wait in between layers or the product will apply uneven.Both feel similar on the lips.I honestly like both I don't think one is necessarily better than the other.So if you can't find one just try the other they are really similar so you don't need both.
Based solely the E.L.F is a better deal but I also think that the price of the NYX is still affordable and a good deal.

QUICK FACTS:
Price: NYX- $5.99                      E.L.F- $3.00
Size:NYX- .23 oz                        E.L.F- .21 oz (time two)
Scent:NYX- Light Vanilla            E.L.F- Lipstick
Texture:NYX- Smooth               E.L.F- Watery 
Finish:NYX- Soft-matte              E.L.F- Matte

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment