Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New Wet n' Wild Pallets?... Not Really

As I walked through the aisles of the drugstore my eyes could not help but be drawn to a selections of pallets that look oh so similar to my beloved Wet n' Wild 8 pan palettes but they were not in the Wet n' Wild section of the store, I was intrigued. Upon further inspection I realized that these palettes were from Black Radiance, I as read the back of the palette I discovered that they are own by Markwins, who also happens to make Wet n' Wild. Black Radiance is a line of cosmetics designed for women of color, but I though that when it comes to eye shadow your skin color does not matter.They had three different palettes, I decided to pick up one of the palettes that seemed different from what I already had and a color that I would actually wear.


Even though these palettes are made by the same company they are not exactly the same, starting with the price; these palettes will cost you close to seven dollars, the ones from Wet n' Wild are only about five dollars. Why the price difference, I can't really say. It might be because they are meant for women of color but it does not seem really fair.


Here are some picture of the other shades that are available in case you are interested.


Urban Jungle: Mostly Greens,a Bright Yellow,a Brown and a Plum.

Posh Plums: Purples, Pinks and Blacks.(Similar to Petal Pusher)

Now for the review. The palette that I picked up is called Downtown Browns.This palettes includes very neutral shades. The name can be a little deceiving the colors in this palette are not just browns.I would say that this palette comes with more taupe shades, leaning into purples and dark plums and light pinks.

Downtown Browns 

Back of the Palette


The quality of these shadow are good, but for some reason they do not have the same almost creamy texture of the Wet n' Wild Palettes.These are grainy, not as smooth and less pigmented than the Wn'W shadows. None of the shadows in this palette are matte, they are shimmery or satin finish.You would think that because they are for darker skin tones and more expensive they would have a greater color payoff and quality but I am not really impressed.


Left Side: (left to right) Browbone, Eyelid ,Crease and Accent
Right Side: (left to right) Browbone, Eyelid ,Crease and Accent

Over all I still prefer the Wet n' Wild palettes they are more smooth and more pigmented.I would recommend this palette if you can find it but it is not a must have for me. 
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment