Thursday, November 29, 2012

REVIEW:COVERGIRL Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balms

As I walked through the beauty aisles of my store I could not find anything that I wanted but as I was about to leave I turned and my eyes caught a glimpse of P!ink the new Covergirl, and right there the new Jumbo Gloss Balms and I just had to try them.I bought three of the shades, I think that there is a total of 12 shades.So here is what I think:


Something that I really did not like about the packaging of these is that the name of the color is on the wrapper that the product comes in and when you take that off you no longer have the name on the actual product, just a number. Something else that I found unpleasant was the scent of the products, they smell like what cheap old lipsticks smell like;that plastic scent.The smell goes away after you apply it but never the less I am not a fan of the scent.Since it is on your lips you are bound to get some in your mouth luckily these do not taste like anything.
Left to Right: Jam Twist,Rose Twist,Watermelon Twist
Left to Right:Watermelon Twist(215),Rose Twist(225),Jam Twist(255) 

Size compered to Revlon

The shades I bought are called Watermelon Twist,Jam Twist and Rose Twist, all of the shades had no shimmers or glitter at all, they all had a glossy creme finish and come in a twist up pencil form.These do not claim to be a stain like the Revlon Lip Stains. All that they claim to be is a jumbo gloss balm with soft color and soft shine, that is all.What that means to me is basically a lip balm that adds a hint of color and gloss to your lips.


Watermelon Twist


Jam Twist


Rose Twist

Left to Right:Jam Twist(255),Rose Twist(225), Watermelon Twist(215)

Left to Right(multiple and one swipe):Watermelon Twist(215),Rose Twist(225),Jam Twist(255) 

Jam Twist: A bright berry color looks darker on the tube.

Rose Twist: Natural rosy pink with a little of purple undertones 

Watermelon Twist: A bright pink

All of the shades are sheer so even after a few layers your lip color peeks through, this help to make them look a bit more natural.The darkest shade I got was Jams twist, I was a little bit scare about trying the color but it looks so beautiful and it is not really as dark as I was expecting.There are a few darker shades so I might give them a try if I do I will update you. Over all these last really well without eating they lasted about and hour and a half with a little fading.They are not really hydrating so I would still use a moisturizing lip balm under these.These apply evenly, they are very lightweight. I do feel like i have to apply a little bit more then I would like to get more color but it still feels nice and lightweight.They do feel similar to the Revlon lip stains in texture but these do not have the minty tingle.
I think that I would repurchase these again because I do like the colors I have, but these were not at all what I was expecting when these came out. I thought they were Covergirl's version of the Revlon Lip Stains but they can't really compare because they are not meant to be similar.The Jumbo Gloss balm are not as hydrating as I would like, I do not like the scent and the fact that the name does not come in the tube but over all they are okay and I do not regret buying them but I am still on the fence on weather I want to buy more colors or not because they do offer really pretty looking color but I guess we will see if i cave in. 

QUICK FACTS:
Price:$6.94 (@ Walmart)
Size: 3.8g (.13oz)
Scent: plastic cheap lipstick 
Taste: none
Feel: smooth, not very hydrating 

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment